Friday, November 30, 2007

What do you do when you get the words too late? That particular deadlines’ come and gone, but its only now that the words rush in a heady flurry, so you extricate them from their involved kaleidoscopic dance and string them into six lines or some such, ah this works, for me, it does, you tell yourself happily and pat yourself on the back.

For Monday’s return ticket, Air India in all its wisdom called, and offered to take me to Ahmedabad (2 hr drive, but in the opposite direction) in order to bring me to Mumbai (1 hr flt). Amazing.

10 comments:

mystic rose said...

:). although one can iamgine why that would make sense to them its still pretty funny.


for me, words(and inspiration) dont come till the last minute.

reshma said...

nods in agreement. sometimes it's all about pleasing yourself

Anonymous said...

Hi Aust,
I didnt understand the Air India wisdom :(

Sathya

Portia said...

I have flown thousands of miles around the country, on multiple flights, just to wind up about 500 miles from where I began. It did seem silly, but it would have been an even longer walk:)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I do best under tight deadlines. You have to scrape off the lint and polish the good text.
Take Care,
P

AmitL said...

Hi,Austy-it's always fun to travel to one's home state,na??So nice of Air India to take you to Ahmedabad,and then Mumbai.:)Hats off to the lively Maharajah.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

your words are so fluffy and warm even in the detour of the trip...I admire your grace.
Always,
Crusty~

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a safe return.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Home safe now, right?
Always,
Crusty~

austere said...

everyone- thank you for your kind words, and for writing.
Am not in the mindframe for individual replies.