Monday, April 02, 2012

Had I known installing plants on that tiny window ledge was going to be as inspiring, evoke a sense of ownership and yes, contentment, I’d have done that long ago.





In the shanty town these days there seems to be a season of nonstop recital of the Ramcharitmanas.




Yesterday from 4 till ten I visited two worlds. Negotiated a single person-only, winding alley in a shanty town to reach a friend’s engagement ceremony. Later, dined in understated opulence elsewhere, making polite talk, calculating the manhours it would take to keep the environs as pure and pristine white.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is always astounding, all these worlds side by side. I wonder whether it is a privilege to travel through them, to slip from one into another. Wonder what we take with us and what we may leave behind, a look, a perspective, a thought.

PQ said...

My friend tells me I don't have a green hand....is that what u call someone who always tries to grow plants but ends up wilting them?