Wednesday, April 10, 2013

"Jacaranda. Wo jacaranda hai..." Acharyaji, our park  garden expert told me this morn when I described the awesome carpets of purple.  So beautiful. Yes, I managed a walk on this short a visit also, in that interesting place sandwiched between snooty town and the villages of Khizrabad and Taimur nagar.
Tried not to be impressed at the roads, after all that's all our money being used there while we negotiate potholes with a prayer and light brake.
That child dressed in a pretty pink dress and toothy grin  who tugged at my hemline, "Didi..." Lifetimes!

1 comment:

Beth said...

"Tried not to be impressed at the roads, after all that's all our money being used there while we negotiate potholes with a prayer and light brake." Sounds like here! I guess it's really true: all politics is local.