Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The voice over the phone has an unfamiliar drawl. Then shifts into the vernac.“ Who am I?” he asks. Faint memories from another time, when one was as daft, less cynical, more hardworking. Of a much smaller company; less systems and more heart. Of events where everyone pitched in and crazy deadlines. You tell me its better to live in Ottawa’s chill than dodge stray bullets in Johannesburg. I know you’ll do all right, find, make or wheedle a way out, and of course I’ll write you a glowing reference.

4 comments:

AmitL said...

Who's that referring to,I wonder?*grin* at 'as daft,less cynical,more hardworking'..reminded me of me,back in the early '90s.Trust everyone,believe everyone,smile at everyone...and,then the kicks begin...hahaha..but,it's all been and still is worth it...this Challenge that we term as Daily Life,isn't it?

austere said...

Yes, a kid I worked with once.And the challenge of daily life, but one is still as witness and asinine and enjoying the ride.
:)
Kya kiya jaye, jo hai so hai.

Anonymous said...

can just leave this >> :-)

austere said...
This comment has been removed by the author.