Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Last night the strains of the arati, the hymn rich and clear, were like a pied piper's song, and I followed the music up unfamiliar steps to a stranger's home.
I can be happily weird sometimes.

The firecrackers, dholak- cymbals could be heard even as the sedate group chanted the Lord's names, like every week. But the jolt of energy that accompanied the palanquin past the threshold to the altar. Amazing.

AND it is good to get surprised at what life throws your way. Even if you lead a quiet, peaceful existence most times.

6 comments:

PQ said...

You really followed the music to a stranger's home...well its not weird by me...totally cool....its nice to listen to your heart and do such things....seriously

Tamanna said...

My brave mum and CAT-taking-God-fearing-for-now sis went all the way to Lalbaug yesterday :P

AmitL said...

"I can be happily weird sometimes."...I totally identify with that..:)Happily lonely and weird, I'd say.:)
----
Wow-you actually went to a stranger's home? Amazing.How was the Visarjan day today? all peace and quiet?I always pray for peace and quiet in Baroda...

Anonymous said...

Today I was in a part of the town I had not seen for (at least ten?) years and glimpsed into backyards gardens pathways, exotic places.

My Unfinished Life said...

life's surprises is what makes it interesting to live!!!

Leni Qinan said...

Surprises and novelties are the spice of life!