Monday, February 25, 2013

TAW’s tree walk y'day took me to the BPT Gardens, Colaba at the crack of dawn, well 7.30 AM, which is early enough. What a glorious exorbitant treasure this place is. Money plant leaves as long as my arm climbing trees that reach skywards. Excellent cacti, and diverse Euphorbiacea, which I learnt is quasi- cacti, only the spines and flowers are arranged differently. The nicest was the Nux Vomica and the Desert Rose, both too pretty for the dangers they present, and I shall do good justice to them, in a story, I mean. Only in this city can it happen, strangers bonding over cacti and trees, learning about their histories and families, and all this knowledge given away for free. On the way back I learned what a mega block on the WR means.

3 comments:

Beth said...

"strangers bonding over cacti and trees" -- that is surely one reason I love walking/hiking in parks and nature preserves. Sounds like a fabulous morning.

Unknown said...

That does sound a very Bombay thing to happen- the bonding and the random. Do write that story.

PQ said...

You are so knowledgeable Austy